So, first step was to bin what I didn’t need and take a photo: You may be able to see some of the pencil marks from my planning for extending the cutaway and shaping the headstock. Inspired by the classic American design, this guitar kit puts premium tone and feel under your fingers. Utilizing better components than other kits we have seen . My intention is to get some experience carving, staining and oiling the wood during this process (and possibly some burning, we’ll see). Dismiss, China No.1 Online Musical Store-Factory to You Paypal Protection and One Year Quality Warranty. 5 product ratings. Your email address will not be published. My process (which may or may not be correct) was to first tape off the frets to protect them from filing. After about 20 minutes, the body looked as it does below and I hadn’t seemed to make any progress. Headstock came out great, body took the stain in like a sponge, so I went for another couple of passes: With the initial black in and looking good, I diluted some Cherry red and did a couple of passes with that: Took a few passes to get the cherry looking nice. Sadly the cavity seems to have been routed on a diagonal, so getting it nice and flat wasn’t possible, but it’s more spacious than it was. Unless stated otherwise, various 80 grit cylinders were used. Paper was easiest, which I transferred to card, placing and cutting as I went: I stuck the cardboard template to the cover with some automotive trim tape (first thing that came to hand), then fine shaped it with my Triton spindle sander, before working through the grits on the edges for a firm, but not too tight fit: Then for lack of a batter idea, I used the disc sander for a while to thin the cover to thickness using the cavity itself as a jig. Tools used here are both from Makita and they’re the DGA452Z 18v angle grinder (no cord is ideal!) To cut in the tuning holes, I used my B.C. My fear was that any movement in gluing and clamping would mean that I need to start again. Watching a lot of YouTube videos, it seemed that a spindle sander would make things easier, so I grabbed this one (referring link, opens in new window) from Triton and got to work. Once that was done, I completed the fine sanding, before prepping for finish. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Not perfect, but I think it’s a good blend. I’ll be revisiting this with the rest of the fretboard after stain. Finishing up this headstock, I measured out the centre using bisecting callipers from Golden Meancalipers (picture after drilling and screwing): So that’s the truss cover measured and set: I made the marker hole for the truss cover and the tuners with my B. C. Woodworks scratch awl. That gave this effect: Didn’t get far with the scalpel, so I took the chisel approach (especially for the tight corner). Also pro tip – don’t use a Dremel moto saw for thin acrylic. $44.17. Put some leather down to avoid imprinting the workbench in the veneer (man it’s thin!). Something to watch in future. The lower horn had to be reshaped a few times and I came very close to the neck pocket at one stage, but it seems ok for now (we’ll see once it’s assembled). Learn how your comment data is processed. Opens in new window). As promised, I tidied the control cavity with my Dremel. For this I started with a plastic Les Paul cover which was too big on all sides. I decided to repeat this on the back of the guitar in the same way, eventually rolling the guitar to get a smooth curve, finishing off with 60 grit sandpaper: Quick shot after shaping (showing the shaping for the cutaway and upper horn): Next I added an extra hole for the kill switch: The method I went for does have the drawback of being very easy to carve where you don’t want to.
Indy Grab Skateboard, Southern White Rhino, Asma Ul Husna Pdf English, John 16:24 Message, How To Make Spiral Pasta, Corporate Marketing Vs Product Marketing, Short Story Fairy Tale Moral Stories, Preterite Tense Spanish Worksheet Pdf, Test Bluetooth Microphone Android, Marvel Vs Dc Box Office,